Wednesday 18 June 2008

Visitor 25041 @Constitutional Hill


On the 07 of June 2008 we visited the Constitutional Hill in Johannesburg where we were told about the history of our beautifull country South Africa. Actualy this place was the worst prison of its time.Where most of our leaders were kept. On my arrival home I decided that I should narate the story of what I know about the place called Constitutional Hill to my mother. I didn't know that I was talking to someone who knew the place as the most known prison of her life time when she was still a resident of the famous township in Soweto Kliptown. Telling the real stories from a woman who arrested for brewing traditional beer in a 100 galons drum which by then was actually the largest.She told me that she was placed in one of those worst cells most of you saw from some of those pictures my colleagues send to this blog untill my father came to pay the fine of four pounds the following day. I asked her about the night in a single cell and she said : "son I couldn't even stretch my legs ,the only thing was that you will have keep crying when you think that to others it my be worse to them ." She told me a lot about the place about the famous prisoners like Joe Mshagane and others her experience in that cell really traumatsed her for only that night she know's the place very well . Ooh she also referred me to some oldies of their time to get the real story from them 'cause my father passed away in my infancy so some of his friends are still there to narrate the story to me about the famous Number Four Prison before it was taken to Diepkloof in Soweto . I come with real people who maybe were the so called boses of the prison who are not on their list there at Constitutional Hill

No comments: